COMPUTER SCIENCE – 083
CBSE has revised to reduced the syllabus for Computer Science students for class XI and XII, keeping in mind the situation being created due to covid19.
CLASS XI – Topics Reduced
Unit I: Computer Systems and Organisation
- Encoding Schemes : UTF8, UTF32
- Concept of cloud computing and cloud services (SaaS,IaaS,PaaS), cloud (public/private),
Unit II: Computational Thinking and Programming – 1
- Decomposition – concept, need for decomposing a problem, examples of problem solving using
- Sorting algorithm: bubble and insertion sort; count the number of operations while sorting.
Suggested Practical List Input a list of elements, sort in ascending/ descending order using
Bubble/ Insertion sort.
CLASS XII – Topics Reduced
Unit I: Computational Thinking and Programming – 2
- Recursion – simple algorithms with recursion : print a message forever, sum of first n
natural numbers, factorial, Fibonacci numbers, recursion on arrays : binary search
- Idea of efficiency : performance measurement in terms of the number of operations.
- Data-structures: Lists as covered in Class XI, Stacks – Push, Pop using a list, Queues –
Insert, Delete using a list. (One of the data structure Stack or Queue. Note : While setting the
question paper a students will have an option between Stack and Queue.)
Unit II: Computer Networks
- Web Scripting Client side (VB Script, Java Script, PHP) and Server side (ASP, JSP, PHP),
Web 2.0 (for social networking)
- E-commerce payment transactions using online banking, mobile banking, payment apps
Unit III: Database Management
- CREATE TABLE,
- DROP TABLE,
- ALTER TABLE,
- UPDATE ….SET,
- INSERT, and
1. Suggested Practical List: Python Programming
- Recursively find the factorial of a natural number
- Write a recursive code to find the sum of all elements of a list.
- Write a recursive code to compute the nth Fibonacci number
Note: For more information (about other subjects as well) checkout: http://cbseacademic.nic.in/Revisedcurriculum_2021.html
Pawan Arora AdministratorKeymaster
Founder , Edukers