Informatics Practices – 065
Class XI – Topics Reduced / Revised
CBSE has revised to reduced the syllabus for Informatics Practices (IP) students for class XI and XII, keeping in mind the situation being created due to covid19.
Unit 3: Data Handling using NumPy
- Data and its purpose, importance of data, structured and unstructured data, data processing
cycle, basic statistical methods for understanding data – mean, median, mode, standard
deviation and variance.
- Introduction to NumPy library, NumPy arrays and their advantage, creation of NumPy arrays;
indexing, slicing, and iteration; concatenating and splitting array
- Arithmetic operations on one Dimensional and two Dimensional arrays.
- Calculating max, min, count, sum, mean, median, mode, standard deviation, variance on
Unit 4: Database concepts and the Structured Query Language
- Foreign key.
- DROP TABLE, ALTER TABLE.
- UPDATE, DELETE
5.2 Numpy Program
- To create an array of 1D containing numeric values 0 to 9.
- To create a NumPy array with all values as 0.
- To extract values at odd numbered position from a NumPy array.
- To create a 1-D array having 12 elements using arange(). Now, convert this array into a 2-D
array with size 4X3.
- To perform basic arithmetic operations on 1D and 2D array .
5.3 Data Management: SQL Commands
- To delete the details of a student in the above table.
- To increase marks by 5% for those students who have Rno more than 20.
- To add a new column email in the above table with appropriate data type.
- To add the email ids of each student in the previously created email column.
Class XII – Topics Reduced / Revised
Unit-1 Data handling using Pandas – II
- Descriptive Statistics: max, min, count, sum, mean, median, mode, quartile, Standard
- Data Frame operations: Aggregation, group by, Sorting, Deleting and Renaming Index,
- Handling missing values – dropping and filling.
- Importing/Exporting Data between MySQL database and Pandas.
- Data Visualization
- pie chart, frequency polygon, box plot and scatter plot.
- color, style (dashed, dotted), width, etc
4. Unit Wise syllabus
- Joining, Merging and Concatenation.
Unit 2: Database Query using SQL
- Create a data frame based on ecommerce data and generate descriptive statistics
(mean, median, mode, quartile, and variance)
- Create a data frame for examination result and display row labels, column labels data
types of each column and the dimensions
- Filter out rows based on different criteria such as duplicate rows.
- Find the sum of each column, or find the column with the lowest mean.
- Locate the 3 largest values in a data frame.
- Subtract the mean of a row from each element of the row in a Data Frame.
- Replace all negative values in a data frame with a 0.
- Replace all missing values in a data frame with a 999.
- Importing and exporting data between pandas and CSV file
- Importing and exporting data between pandas and MySQL database
- 5.3 Data Management
- Create a new table (order ID, customer Name, and order Date) by joining two tables
(orderID, customer ID, and order Date) and (customer ID, customer Name, contact
- Create a foreign key in one of the two tables mentioned above
- Create a new table (name, date of birth) by joining two tables (student id, name) and
(student id, date of birth).
5.4 Introduction to Computer Networks
- Download, install and configure browser.
Note: For more information (about other subjects as well) checkout: http://cbseacademic.nic.in/Revisedcurriculum_2021.html